Friday, February 25, 2011

Thawing....

I feel like it's been a really long winter. I've been hybernating and dreaming and scheming for spring. Outside today it's still bleak and cold and wet, but there are signs everywhere that winter is loosing her grip. I saw tiny dafodill buds peeking up from under some leaves yesterday and tiny swelling buds are noticable on our lilac bush.

I'm beginning to bud out as well. Back in December I had the chance opportunity arise to take an office space one town over. It's a work in progress, but tonight I will be seeing my first paying herbal client! It's all terribly exciting as well as being terrifying. The "what-ifs" keep raising their ugly heads to torment me, but I am keeping faith that this opportunity did not present for no good reason and that I feel this is something I should indeed do at this point. It's what I've been studying and working towards for so long. I'm honored to be able to do this.

In other news, I was planning a huge garden for our tiny rental property and had the sad news yesterday of being told I'm not allowed to create it. I'm a bit sick over it, as most of my bright spots during the winter have been thoughts of having this garden this spring and I've been pouring over seed catalogs, and dreaming big time of how I would lay it all out. It's not that the place doesn't have the room for a garden. He's just a bit cranky about things and I think he doesn't want to mess up the yard. (which is a joke, concidering how many broken pieces of farm equipment are laying all over the place and old stoves, junk cars, bathtubs.. Yeah it's really that bad, so I don't see how a garden in the midst of all of this is going to mess things up.) Anyway..... deep breath......

I will figure out something. I hope there is a bit of a thaw in the air where you are too, even if it's not winter, perhaps there is something ready to blossom in yourself as well.

4 comments:

Gelfling said...

Your landlord is a big jerkface. Defy him and fill the yard with tomatoes in containers!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm sorely tempted. I think I will defy him in a bigger way. The lower back part of our rather large backyard is sunny and belongs to our neighboor. (the set- up here is really crazy) so there is this long horizontal strip of land about 50 feet wide and about the same width across that is technically not his property, that I'm hoping to plant in raised beds on. I'm going to talk to the neighbor and sweeten the deal with offers of veggies eggs and to take over mowing that area. So technically it will seem as if it's in my yard, but my landlord has no say about it.

Michele said...

I love your idea about the neighbors yard! Why does that guy have to be so nasty about everything! UGH!!!

So proud of you about your first paying client! AWESOME!!!

Chell said...

so sad about your landlord, hope it owrks out with the neighbors and hurray on your first client!!